Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Don't Sweat The Small Stuff


I've been told not to sweat the small stuff several times. Most of the time I just think to my self “Yeah ok." It's very true though! If you spend all your time getting frustrated over things that yeah maybe at the time seem big but when you really look at the whole scheme of things are really quite small it's honestly a waste of energy. You could let things get to you and ruin your whole day but who wants to live like that. I know I sure don't! I'm just as guilty of this though. Being in Arizona has really gotten me to think though if I can change my way of thinking and not let little things get to me I will be just that much happier. Today for instance a frozen bottle of water fell and hit my foot and for a split seconded I thought to myself "Great so this is the kind of day I’m going to have." I stopped and then decided no I’m not going to let a little pain like that ruin my day. Most of the time it's silly things like that that we let set the tone for how the rest of our day is going to go and it's not a healthy way to live. So when something small happens and you get the thoughts in your head that your going to have a bad day freeze, erase that thought and say to yourself no I’m going to have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment