Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Back to School!


Today my little brother got on a bus and is starting his first day of Jr. High. I'm not sure when everyone starts school again but here in Arizona they start in August. I remember the first day of seventh grade I was so scared. A new environment, new people and the horrible thought of getting lost definitely crossed my mind. Starting at a new school can be scary but it can also be an adventure too. Like I told my brother school will be what you make it. If you want to like school you have to be active. The only kids who like school are the ones who do sports, join clubs and participate in school activities. I'll be honest I was one of those kids who didn't do anything but go to school, hang out with my circle of friends and be at home. It's no wonder I didn't like school! So my advice to those starting Jr. High or High School is don't be afraid of trying new things; join a sport, try cheer, look into clubs and never say no to going to a school dance or function because that's what makes school fun. It will give you that sense of belonging that a lot of kids feel like they are missing out on. Oh and also the picture of the bus above is just because I sooo wish there was a school that had pink buses!

No comments:

Post a Comment