Sunday, August 14, 2011

Old Tucson Studios



This weekend the family and I went to Tucson for the weekend. My step-dad Craig had a BMX race to go to for work and so my mom and I took my younger brothers to Old Tucson Studios for part of the day to kill some time. It was such a fun family activity! Basically It's where some old western films were filmed, some of them with John Wayne (who I think is one of the best actors of all time!). First we went on the guided tour which was very informative, then we went to a comedy show in the saloon. We just happened to be in the perfect seating because I got pulled up on stage! Lucky me hahaha don't get me wrong, I love the stage just not when I'm not prepared. Then we stayed for the can-can girls performance. I love can -can dancers. The costumes are so fun and it just seems like a good time. My brother Kyle also got puled up on stage(like I said lucky seating!)The girls were great performers; singing and dancing the whole time. After that we went into a few of the shops and then proceeded to the gun show. The actors did a great job doing The Quick and The Dead. If you haven't seen that movie and you do like westerns I do suggest seeing it. My two favorite things about being there were the can-can girls and I loved seeing the costumes from the movies and the old camera that they used to film the movies with. I think though the best time to go isn't in the summer because it was HOT! Especially during the gun show because you are out in the middle of the sun on hot bleachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment